To gain a better understanding into the foundations of a strong quality performance management program, this report will focus on highlights from the recent LNS Research Global Executive Council meeting. In the meeting, Vice President of Quality & Lean Systems and Environment, Health, and Safety at Accuride Corporation, Jd Marhevko, shared best practices as well as her alternative approach to performance management.
She and her team leverage a quality improvement methodology known as the Cost of Poor Execution (COPE), which not only monitors physical product losses, it also includes process losses— something overlooked even by some market leaders.
Specifically, readers of this case study will gain insights into the following areas of quality performance management:
- An overview of Accuride’s quality performance management program
- Identifying the right metrics for your organization
- The importance of focusing on both process and product losses
- An understanding of how much data is required to get started
- Recommendations and the role of technology in performance management